Ready, Set, Violin!
Want to try out violin?? Yes!
This week of classes will include 1 hr/day of major fun. Required materials will be included; yes the violin too! There are multiple time slots to meet your needs. Your child who wants to try music WILL benefit from this class. So join the music in this week long, no commitment workshop!
Has your child ever asked for a violin?
Are you wondering if violin lessons are right for your family?
Do you want to test out the instrument before making any commitment?
If any of those scenarios sound like you, then join us July 17-22 for Ready, Set, Violin! a week long violin immersion experience for 3-6 year olds and their grown up.
- 5 hours of group instruction from world renowned pedagogues ($100 value)
- 1 beautifully handcrafted box violin and bow ($45 value)
- 1 Wee Violin Songbook ($15 value)
- PLUS group recital, practice partner coaching, t shirt, and more...
...all for only $95!
Yes, that's right. Thanks to our sponsors, we are able to bring this all to you for only $95. We believe ALL children should have the opportunity to have high quality music lessons. Our sponsors think so too.
Thanks to Robertson and Sons Violin Shop, we have partial and full scholarships available. Contact us for more info.
By the end of the week your child will be able to
- sing and move to children's song from throughout the world
- hold the violin and bow correctly
- bow in rest position
- clap, pat, scrub and play the famous taka taka stop stop rhythm
- play 5 international children's songs on their box violin
- gain a network of friends.
Each class includes
- immersion in different musical styles and traditions
- building organic violin technique through movement and play
- listening to books to support social, emotional learning
- singing and movement to promote musical expression and awareness
- playing percussion instruments to increase musical and technical awareness
- and, of course, violin playing
What time is it at?
Families can choose between 9:00, 10:30, 4:00 or 5:30. Each class lasts 1 hour. On Saturday there will be a group performance at 9 AM.
What are my next steps?
Register here and await a week of joyful learning. At the end of the week, you can walk away with the memory of a great week of violin learning or sign up for lessons with one of our teachers.
What do adults do during class?
A grown up is required to be with their student during class and are invited to sing and move with their student. During parts of the class, grownups will be invited to join together to learn more about how to support their musical child.
Can grandma, uncle, etc. bring the student to class?
We welcome anyone who loves your child to join with them in this experience.
What additional materials do I have to bring?
Nada, Zilch, Zip. We have you covered with everything you'll need.
What about siblings? Can I bring them?
We love siblings. If they would like to participate in the class, make it a family band and register them as well. Other siblings are welcome to sing or snuggle along.
Where are classes held?
Classes are held in midtown Albuquerque at 4407 Menaul Blvd NE - Albuquerque Youth Symphony Building
Thanks to our sponsors
Robertson and Sons Violin Shop
Albuquerque Youth Symphony
University of New Mexico String Lab School
Tori Hartley Violin Studio
Erika Lovato Violin Studio
Elyse Torres Violin Studio
Devenport Violin Studio